TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Information We Collect and How We Use It
- Third Parties
- Controlling Your Personal Data
- Data Retention and Account Termination
- International Data Transfer
- (your location) Residents: Your (location) Privacy Rights
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We might gather and save details about you when utilizing the Service. We use the details to satisfy your inquiries, provide the Service’s performance, enhance the Service’s quality, customize your experience, monitor use of the Service, supply feedback to external businesses which are outlined on the Service, exhibit suitable advertising, market the Service, provide customer service, message you, backup our systems and provide for disaster recovery, improve the security of the Service, and adhere to legal responsibilities.
Among the info we collect, please note:
- Transactional Information: If you start an agreement through the Service, such as a booking or purchase, we might gather and save details about you, such as your name, contact number, location, email, and credit card details, along with any other details you supply to us, so as to process your transaction, send communications concerning them to you, and populate forms for upcoming transactions. These details might be shared with third parties for the similar reasons. (company name) would not divulge your individual details to third parties when it comes to instantly marketing their services to you except if you first accept to such disclosure. Whenever you provide credit card digits, we encrypt that details using industry standard technology. If you write testimonials about companies with which you transact through the Service, we may openly display the point that you transacted with those companies. For example, if you make a dinner booking through the Service and write a review about your experience, we might publicly display the point that you made your dinner booking through the Service.
- Contacts: You can invite your buddies to sign up for the Service by supplying us with their contact details, or by permitting us to gain access to your contacts from your personal computer, mobile gadget, or third party websites to choose which friends you want to invite. If you permit us to gain access to your contacts, we might broadcast that details to Yelp long enough to process your invites.
- Account Information: If you set up an account on (website), we might save and utilize your full name, email address, zip code, and other details you may offer with your account, such as your gender and birth date. Your first name and last initial, as well as any photograph you upload through the sign up process, will be freely exhibited as part of your account user profile. You can change a few of the details related to your account here. If you think that somebody has created an unapproved account depicting you or your similarity, you can ask for its deletion by flagging it.
- Public Content: The details which you add via the Service is meant for populace consumption, such as your reviews, tips, photographs, video clips, check-ins, feedback, likes, Talk posts, Events, bookmarks, friends, lists, compliments, and account profile. We may show these details via the Service, discuss it with organizations, and additionally spread it to a larger follower through external sites and services.
- Communications: Whenever you sign up for an account or use selected features, you are deciding to be receiving texts from other Yelp users, businesses, and Yelp itself. You can control a number of your texting choices here, but keep in mind, you cannot opt out of getting specific administrative, transactional, or legal texts from (company name). For example, if you make a booking through the Service, we may send you texts about your booking using the contact details you supply, including SMS text messages to your cellphone. We may additionally monitor your behavior in accordance with the messages you get from (company name) or via the Service, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages. If you trade off messages with other people through the Service, we might save them in an effort to process and deliver them, enable you to manage them, and we may evaluate and divulge them along with research associated with the procedure and usage of the Service. We may not deliver messages that we feel are undesirable, for example unsolicited mail messages or requests to trade off reviews for compensation. If you send or receive messages through the Service via SMS text message, we might record phone numbers, phone carriers, and the date and time that the messages were treated. Service providers may charge recipients for text messages that they receive. We may also keep details that you supply through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or physically. If you happen to be a consultant of a business posted on (company name), including users of (company name) for Business Owners, we might get in touch with you, including by mobile phone or e-mail, making use of the contact details you supply us, make openly available, or that we possess on record for your company.
- Activity: We may save details about your usage of the Service, such as your search pursuit, the webpages you look at, the date and time of your visit, businesses you call utilizing our mobile applications, and bookings and goods and services you acquire through the Service. We might also save details that your computer or mobile gadget supplies to us with regards to your use of the Service, like your internet browser type, model of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile service provider, contact number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs. You might be able to disallow our use of specific location information via your device or browser options, for example by disabling “Location Services” for the Yelp application in iOS privacy settings.
|Processes||Proposed to make the Service work in the way you expect. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.|
|Preferences||Proposed to recall details about how you prefer the Service to behave and look. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have declined to allow us to use your phone’s geolocation data.|
|Notifications||Proposed to allow or avoid notices of details or options that we think could enhance your use of the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that stops us from showing you the signup notification if you have already seen it.|
|Analytics||Proposed to help us recognize how visitors use the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us how our search ideas compare to your interactions with the search page.|
Handling Cookies: It could be easy to disable some (but not all) Cookies through your device or internet browser settings, but doing this may influence the overall performance of the Service. The method for disabling Cookies may differ by device and browser, but can usually be located in preferences or security settings. For example, iOS and Android devices each have options which are designed to limit kinds of ad tracking. For flash cookies, you can handle your privacy settings by clicking here. Please note that changing any of these settings does not prevent the display of all ads to you.
3. THIRD PARTIES
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
- Links: The Service may include links to unaffiliated external services. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal details with them, and are not accountable for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on or relevant to all such third party services.
- Businesses on Yelp: We may share details from or about you (such as your age and gender), your devices, and your use of the Service (similar to which companies you bookmark or call) with organizations listed on Yelp. You may regulate your settings to improve or reduce the level of details we share. You can view these settings and find more information about what details might be shared here. Remember that businesses may see your Public Content (as defined in Section 1(b) above) and receive information about your dealings with them, irrespective of your settings. Additionally, if you make a phone call to a company through or in connection with your use of the Service, we may share details about your call with the business that the business would have received had you called them directly, such as the date and time of your call and your phone number. You may be able to restrict our ability to collect and share your contact number through your phone’s settings or phone carrier.
- Service Providers: We may rely on third party providers to support or provide some of the services that are available through the Service, such as bookings and food delivery. We may also rely on third party providers to carry out certain services for us in relation with your use of the Service, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of the Service, and other functions. We may share details from or about you with these third party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third party providers may share info with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Third party providers may also share this information with their affiliates, joint ventures, or other companies under common control. Some of our web pages utilize framing methods to serve content to you from our third party providers, while stabilizing the look and feel of the Service. In such cases, please note that the data you provide is being provided to the third party.
- Aggregate Information: We may share user details in the cumulative with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements.
- Investigations : We might research and divulge details from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such research or disclosure (a) is fairly essential to adhere to legal procedure and law enforcement directions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other lawful process served on us; (b) is advantageous to avoid, research, or identify possible misconduct in association with the Service; or (c) protects our rights, status, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public, such as disclosures in relation to our Consumer Alerts program. If you flag or otherwise complain to Yelp regarding content through the Service, we may share the substance of your complaint with the author of that content so as to provide the opportunity for the author to reply.
- Third Party Accounts: If you sign up for Yelp using a third party service like Facebook, or link your Yelp account to your account with a third party service like Facebook or Twitter, we may be given details about you from such external service.
4. CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account, if you include personal details in the content you post publicly. You can lessen the risk of being personally identified by using the Service pseudonymously, though doing so could diminish from the credibility of your contributions to the Service. Users can also use the Find Friends feature to find one another based on their names or e-mail addresses. You can regulate the settings for this feature here.
Please also note that the messages you send or receive using the Service are only private to the extent that both you and the person you are communicating with keep them private. For example, if you send a message to another user, that user may choose to publicly post it. Also, Yelp may access and disclose such messages in the course of inquiries relating to use of the Service.
5. DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
The Service is proposed for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal details from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental approval, please contact us here. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We follow commonly accepted industry standards to protect the personal details submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially satisfactory means to protect your personal details, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
10. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Yelp does not divulge your personal details to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their services to you unless you first consent to such disclosure. If you have any questions regarding this policy, or would like to change your preferences, you may contact us!!!